Last weekend Kel and I went and cut down our Christmas Tree, like we have been doing since before we were married. It is a wonderful tradition that, though it is more work and money, adds a bit more richness to our holiday season. As many of you remember, 4 years ago we had a spider nest hatch in our tree the morning of us hosting a Christmas party with 20 people coming over. I can finally laugh about it NOW. Well yesterday I was holding Paige up to the tree for her to look at the lights, and I found something....something that was spongy and looked like a tiny cotton ball. FOR REAL?! I immediately lit it on fire on our deck. Though the torching was somewhat therapeutic, I still felt guilty for that momma spider. But anyway, now I am constantly looking in the tree with a flashlight wondering if there are any more in there. Only we would have a spider tree, yet again!

No comments:
Post a Comment